Friday, February 13, 2009

cooking

My Japanese friend invited me to her cooking class so I went. It was in a neighborhood of Guadalajara. The maestra (teacher)Rosi was so welcoming. Didn't speak a word of English, neither did anyone else except for Namiko whose English is minimal.

I think my sister Eva would be horrified at the lack of sanitation in the kitchen. It was also a bit overwhelming for me. But we did make hamburgers from lentils and squeezed cookies out of a pastry bag ( new for me). It was fun and they invited me back for tomorrow and Saturday. Four hours of doing dishes really tired me out.

We did a whirlwind tour of the market at Guadalajara where Namiko actually took her just made cookies and sold them to the juice man. Everyone seemed to know her well. What an artista!

No comments:

Post a Comment