Friday, February 13, 2009

new job

I decided to take my future into my own hands. Having had a wonderful evening with my conversation partner, he speaks English and I try to speak Spanish (ONLY he sort of monopolized the time)I asked him about local schools in Tlaquepaque. He walked me over to a school a couple of blocks from my apartment.

The next day I sauntered over there with my resume and after having to wait outside the gated entry, they let me in and brought me to the principal. We chatted with an interpreter and even though I insisted I wanted to volunteer. She didn't get it and said she had no money, but was delighted with my offer. I was to return the next day and get the schedule.

Today I arrived at the appointed time, no prinipal. But the assistant asked me to show up on Monday at 8:00.

This weekend we are (the school people\ planning a trip to Guanajuato. Supposed to be a fabulous historic city near san Miguel where I have wanted to go for years.

I'm in a bit of a squeeze here while people are preparing to leave the school for the weekend.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment