Thursday, February 5, 2009

Dancing and touring

It´s a bit boring all this sunshine and perfect weather and vibrant colors. no!!!

I moved to a new homestay which is a minute from the school, but the room is tiny and a bit noisy. So I´´m moving again to my huge new place near the main plaza of this gorgeous little town of Tlaquepaque. Please forgive all spelling and grammar mistakes. I am working against time and a different keyboard every day.

The other night we went dancing at the home of Jill´s future mother-in-law. She´s the lovely American woman who picked me up and runs a tourist business in conjunction with the school. Not only did she arrange for a teacher of salsa to come to that house, but also it ended up with my having to pair up with a young man from Holland, (who I might add was not a bad dancer, Michael...and didn´t step on my toes) What a workout!

Yesterday we did a group trip to Lake Chapala and Ajijic where I have been trying to get a place to rent so I could partake in retirees´ classes. There are tons of expats living there. However, it is very hard to get something for the month of February at any price.

So I´m staying here in Tlaquepaque and will do trips from here. There´s lots to see and do here. I´m checking out about volunteering in a school and doing art lessons as well as the Spanish classes.

Everyone is super friendly on the street. You can´t pass someone by without their saying hello and smiling.

My Spanish is definitely improving, but those darned conjugations.I really just want to say stuff and not worry about them. I have to do a review of a film for homework which I will do after I finish this post.

Saturday we are going to see a tequila factory with the school. They even give you samples apparently.

Hasta la manana

No comments:

Post a Comment