Monday, February 23, 2009

Montezuma's Revenge

I wasn't planning on coming home early, but Montezuma's revenge did me in. That and my apartment. When I rented it, I did notice that it was on top of a bar and restaurant. How bad could that be? Well, it was loud every night until about midnight (although some nights I did like the guitarist), but the damn Doberman pincher that barked nightly from 2:00 a.m. onwards followed by the construction crew in the early morning were really too much for me. I got used to the church bells ringing every 15 minutes and the crowing roosters, too.

I don't know what caused the gastro problem since I was very careful to select only cooked foods and/or to cook my own. The foods I ate were simply delicious, all fresh and organic and truly outstanding. It could have been anything. However, being alone and being up all night without anyone to help or complain to afterwards is really not that much fun.

Surprisingly, getting a flight was really easy, so all I had to decide was when. I really had exhausted Tlaquepaque as far as shopping goes. I absolutely didn't do any! I didn't get lost any more, so what fun was that? I did keep meeting new people from the States and Canada as the school gets new students every Monday. But frankly all the people were like me...trying to escape a mundane life and cold winter.

Unfortunately, I didn't really get to experience the students from the school I had planned on visiting in a conversation group, so I am sorry about that. However, under the circumstances, talking with anyone is difficult.

I am in recluse mode at home, still trying to shake the bug. I do look like I've been to a spa..a sudden dramatic weight loss and I still have somewhat of a tan on my face.

Mexico is definitely on my radar for the future. It is stunning with its vivid colours, warm people, lilting language and good prices. I do want to make sure I get the right accommodation next time since uncomfortable surroundings can easily exacerbate pain.

Hasta la vista! thanks for following this blog! I will post my photos shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment