Monday, February 16, 2009

teaching

I arrived at the private school and was ushered into a gr. 8 classroom. Even while the teacher was there, the students were active and excited, much different from the Indian classes I visited last year. They were using an American text and I wandered around helping them, questioning them and interacting with them.

Tomorrow I will have a conversation class with a few students. I don´t really know more than that. The principal seems to have disappeared, she didn´t show up on Friday or today, but I did and they´seem to be happy i am there.

Then I went to a local restaurnt for breakfast. Not understanding much, because normal people speak too rapidly, a man rescued me. Then another man joined me at my table and we had a conversation half in English and half in Spanish. I learned some names of new foods.

This computer is making me crazy...every time I write something it disappears. So tht it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment