Monday, February 16, 2009

San Miguel di Allende

A 1.5 hour bus ride away from Guanajuato, is San Miguel which I have wanted to visit for years.. It´s not as pretty as the former, but filled with more people my age than I have ever seen. The mecca for Canadians and Americans.

Lots of markets, lots of handicrafts which I didn´t buy, but it was hard to resist. I did see the most delightful apartment which an American lady showed us since we were so enthralled with the courtyard of the building. I could definitley live there for very little and it´s just the sort of place I could see myself in for the winter. There are lectures, workshops, classes in art..a whole transplanted community in San Miguel.

The bus ride back came with luxurious seats, a snack...again a first class experience.

Great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment