Monday, February 2, 2009

first day

I arrived in Guatalajara and was picked up at the airport as per my e-mail by a young lady who works for the school. Although she´s American, she kissed me hello. The homestay where I am currently is very reminiscent of Cuernavaca in that there are dogs howling and buses screeching. I share a bathroom with many. I'm probably changing places today.

Breakfast was amazing though, with freshly squeezed orange juice, pancakes and great company...a couple from California and a young man from holland.

We walked together to the school where I met many other Americans and a few Canadians all around my age. The class was not great, but the people were. We had a lot of laughs and tomorrow they are upping my level.

I just came back from a walk in the glorious sunshine of Tlaquepaque (suburb of Guadalajara) where I'm staying. It´'s truly delightful. There are people outside with lots of wares to sell, lots of art galleries, and restaurants. I sat down on a bench and took out my Spanish homework and a guy who wanted to practise English and actually spoke quite well. We didn´t finish the homework, but it wasn't all that challenging.

I´'m going back to my homestay for a midday meal and a swim.

Hasta luego

No comments:

Post a Comment